Location: Port Pirie - SA
A fantastic opportunity exists for a motivated individual with a passion to succeed to become a full time 1st Year Apprentice in local engineering workshop commencing in January 2020.
To be successful you must be hardworking, honest and reliable along with being physically fit as the position can be physically demanding. You are a team player and you're able to work under instruction as well as using your own initiative when necessary. School leavers are encouraged to apply.
You will be learning to:
- Perform engineering measurements
- Perform routine welding using multiple techniques
- Carry out mechanical cutting
- Apply fabrication, forming and shaping techniques
- Repair/ replace/ modify fabrications
- Interpret technical drawings
- Use of power tools and hand tools
Key benefits of undertaking this Apprenticeship are:
- Long term opportunities for the right candidate
- Working towards a Certificate 3 in Engineering Fabrication Trade
Key Requirements of an Apprentice:
- Genuine and keen interest to learn trade with commitment to approx. 4 Year Apprenticeship
- Physically fit and reliable
- Possess a mechanical aptitude
- Able to pass a drug & alcohol test
- Hold a current driver's licence and reliable transport (or working towards)
- Work experience within the engineering area (an advantage)
- Certificate 2 in Engineering Pathways (desirable but not essential)
Shortlisted applicants must be willing to do aptitude test and work trial with Host Employer.
To apply, please send resume including 2 checkable references and a cover letter explaining to me why you would be right for this position attention Tracy Northcott to email@example.com
Applications close 1st November 2019.