Location: Port Pirie - SA
A fantastic opportunity exists for a motivated individual with a passion to succeed to become a full time 1st Year Apprentice with a local Bricklayer.
To be successful you must be hardworking, honest and reliable along with being physically fit as the position can be physically demanding. You are a team player and you're able to work under instruction as well as using your own initiative when necessary. Local school leavers are encouraged to apply.
As a Bricklayer, your job involves laying bricks, pre-cut stone, concrete blocks and other types of building blocks in mortar to construct and repair walls, foundations, partitions, arches and other structures.You will be learning to:
- Work effectively and sustainably in the construction industry
- Use bricklaying and blocklaying tools and equipment
- Read and interpret plans and specifications
- Carry out measurements and calculations
- Carry out basic demolition
- Handle and prepare materials
- Carry out brick construction
- Apply WHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
Key benefits of undertaking this Apprenticeship are:
- Long term opportunities for the right candidate
- Working towards a Certificate 3 in Bricklaying/Blocklaying (CPC30111) Trade
- Keen interest to learn trade with commitment to approx. 4 Year Apprenticeship
- Physically fit and reliable
- Possess a mechanical aptitude
- Able to pass a drug & alcohol test
- Hold a current Driver's License and reliable transport (or working towards)
- Current White Card and Work Safely At Heights (or willing to do training)
- Certificate 2 in Construction Pathways (or similar, desirable but not essential)
Shortlisted applicants must be willing to do aptitude test and work trial with Host Employer.To apply, please send resume including 2 checkable references and a cover letter explaining why you would be right for this position attention Tracy Northcott to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 5th February 2020.