Location: Port Pirie - SAThe Mentor will ensure that adequate leadership, guidance, training and ongoing support for Apprentices is provided and maintained to a high standard.
Accountabilities - Include but not limited to:
- Ensure the management of safety in line with Midstate Employment and Nyrstar's safety policies and procedures
- Ensure that all Apprentices have the skills, knowledge and training to undertake their job safely and efficiently
- Assist the development of structured onsite training plans
- Update site Apprentice training records from training plans
- Complete and deliver 3 or 4 monthly performance feedback reports for boilermaker apprentices
- Manage workloads
- Source and cost suitable work from plants and stores
- Work co-operatively with others and ensure team effectiveness
- Provide assistance and supervision of Apprentices with Registered Training Organisation (RTO) when RTO is on site
Skills / Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant Trade certificate.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Certificate IV in TAE would be an advantage.
- Experience in an industrial environment an advantage.
- Experience in using Microsoft suite of products, especially Excel, Word, Outlook and SAP are preferred.
Contract full time position until 30th June 2020, working 40 hours per week. For enquiries please contact Tracy Northcott, Statewide Group Training / Midstate Employment, mobile 0458 444 133.
To apply, please send resume including 2 checkable references, copy of Trade certificate and a cover letter, attention Tracy Northcott to email@example.com
Applications close 31st July 2019