Airconditioning & Refrigeration Apprentice
Location: Whyalla - SA
Who is Statewide Group Training
Statewide Group Training (SA) Incorporated is an independent, community-based not for profit organisation that has been servicing the employment and training needs of South Australian apprentices and trainees, business, and industry for over 30 years.
Certificate III in Air-conditioning & Refrigeration Tradesperson (UEE32211)
Statewide Group Training are seeking an Airconditioning & Refrigeration Apprentice living in Whyalla region to join our team and work with our Host Employer in Whyalla; sites will include Liberty Steel & Whyalla Hospital.
The position is a full time apprenticeship, working a minimum of 38 hours per week and reasonable overtime may be required. Accrual of RDO’s. You will be paid as per the relevant award unless otherwise advised.
Duties may include
- Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs in industrial environment
- Troubleshooting, doing tests and checking products, services, or processes to make sure they are working properly.
- Maintaining equipment
- Using hand and power tools
- Genuine and keen interest to learn trade with commitment to 4 year apprenticeship
- Physically fit and reliable
- Willing to work in an industrial environment wearing required PPE
- Able to pass a drug & alcohol screening and hearing screening
- Hold a current Driver’s License and reliable transport (or working towards)
- Must have White Card
- Current Working Safely At Heights (an advantage)
- Work experience within air-conditioning or electrical area (an advantage)
- Certificate 2 in Electrotechnology or similar (desirable but not essential)
Please send your resume including 2 checkable referees and cover letter to email@example.com outlining your interest and suitability to the position.
Applications close 8th February 2022.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.