Location: Port Pirie - SA
Who is Statewide Group Training
Statewide Group Training (SA) Incorporated is an independent, community-based not for profit organisation that has been servicing the employment and training needs of South Australian apprentices and trainees, business and industry for over 30 years.
Certificate III in Driving Operations (TLI31216) - Bus
Statewide Group Training are seeking a reliable person living in the Port Pirie region to join our team as a Road Transport Operator Trainee and work with our valued Host Employer who operates a bus coach service throughout the region.
This position is a part time Traineeship, working a minimum of 20 hours per week with possibility of additional hours. Long term opportunities for the right candidate.
You will be learning to:
- Drive bus with up to 57 seat capacity.
- Interpret maps, navigate pre-determined routes, and adhere to timetables.
- Follow work health and safety procedures.
- Work in a socially diverse environment.
- Secure cargo.
- Prepare workplace documents.
- Comply with infection prevention & control policies and procedures.
- Commitment to practical and theory learning with ability to manage time for study.
- Physically fit and reliable.
- Able to pass a drug & alcohol screening.
- Current MR Driver’s License with clean driving history (essential).
- Currently have or ability to achieve Passenger Transport Accreditation LP, which includes passing DCSI and National Police Check.
- Willing to work split shifts, possibly 7.45am-9.45am and 2.45pm-4.45pm Monday to Friday.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage persons meeting the criteria to apply.
Please send your resume including 2 checkable referees and cover letter explaining why you would be right for this position, attention Tracy Northcott to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.