Location: Throughout South Australia
Statewide Group Training (SGT) is part of a new Government Apprenticeship Pilot Program, aiming to combat skill shortages in the construction industry.
We are looking for candidates interested in pursuing careers in the construction industry. Full time, part time and school-based opportunities available in the following areas throughout SA:
- Carpentry - Certificate 3 in Carpentry
- Painting - Certificate 3 in Painting and Decorating
- Plastering - Certificate 3 in Wall and Ceiling Lining
- Electrical - Certificate 3 in Electrotechnology Electrician
- Wall and Floor Tiling - Certificate 3 in Wall and Floor Tiling
- Bricklaying - Certificate 3 in Bricklaying/Blocklaying
You will be learning to:
- Work effectively and sustainably in the construction industry.
- Apply WHS requirements, policies, and procedures in the construction industry.
- Read and interpret plans and specifications.
- Use tools and equipment.
- Carry out measurements and calculations.
- Handle and prepare materials.
- Keen interest to learn trade with commitment to 4 year apprenticeship.
- Physically fit and reliable.
- Able to pass a drug & alcohol screening.
- Current Driver’s Licence and reliable transport (essential - P’s acceptable).
- White Card (essential - or willing to get at your expense prior to commencement).
Please attach a current resume including 2 checkable referees and identify your trades of interest.