Location: City of Victor Harbor Council, Victor Harbor, SA
Who is Statewide Group Training
Statewide Group Training (SA) Incorporated is an independent, community-based not for profit organisation that has been servicing the employment and training needs of South Australian apprentices and trainees, business and industry for over 30 years.
Statewide Group Training are seeking an apprentice and a trainee to join our team working with the City of Victor Harbor Council.
Certificate 3 in Civil Construction Plant Operations (RII30815)
A full-time apprenticeship, over 3 years, working a minimum of 38 hours per week and will be paid as per the relevant award unless otherwise advised.
Certificate II in Civil Construction (RII20715)
School Based permanent part time working 1 day per week over 2-3 years. You must be in school as this is a school-based traineeship. NEED TO BE A YEAR 10 SCHOOL STUDENT FOR THIS POSITION.
Duties may include -
- Carry out measurements and calculations
- Conduct backhoe, loaders, and construction excavator operations
- Read and interpret plans and job specifications, and communicate with team
- Carry out manual excavations and operate small plant equipment
- Identify and locate underground services
- Safely dispose of nontoxic materials
- Conduct roller operations and spread and compact materials manually
- General physical labour
About you -
- Have a genuine passion for Civil Construction
- Be committed to undertaking a 36-month Apprenticeship or 18 to 24-month traineeship.
- Possess a driver's licence (only for the full-time position)
- Must be willing to undertake hearing and drug and alcohol testing.
- Be physically fit
- Be willing to obtain a traffic management course before or during at your own expense
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com outlining your interest and suitability to the position.
Applications close: 04 July 2021.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.