Location: Port Augusta - SA
Who is Statewide Group Training
Statewide Group Training (SA) Incorporated is an independent, community-based not for profit organisation that has been servicing the employment and training needs of South Australian apprentices and trainees, business and industry for over 30 years.
Certificate III in Civil Construction (RII30815)
Statewide Group Training are seeking a Civil Construction Apprentice to work with our valued Host Employer, PW2PA Alliance in Port Augusta.
The position is a full time apprenticeship, working a minimum of 38 hours per week Monday to Friday with overtime as required and will be paid as per the relevant award unless otherwise advised.
Duties may include
- Carry out measurements and calculations.
- Conduct backhoe, loaders, and construction excavator operations.
- Read and interpret plans and job specifications and communicate with team.
- Carry out manual excavations and operate small plant equipment.
- Identify and locate underground services.
- Safely dispose of non-toxic materials.
- Conduct roller operations and spread and compact materials manually.
- General physical labour.
- Be reliable with a genuine passion for civil construction
- Be committed to undertaking 36 month Apprenticeship
- Possess a driver's licence
- Have a white card
- Be physically fit
- Must be willing to undertake and pass drug and alcohol testing
- Be willing to work a reasonable amount of overtime when required
Please send your resume including 2 checkable referees and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your interest and suitability to the position.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Position will be filled as soon as suitable candidate is found.