Location: Laura, SA
Who is Statewide Group Training
Statewide Group Training (SA) Incorporated is an independent, community-based not for profit organisation that has been servicing the employment and training needs of South Australian apprentices and trainees, business and industry for over 30 years.
Certificate III in Commercial Cookery (SIT30816).
Statewide Group Training are seeking an Apprentice Chef living in Laura SA or surrounding regions. This position is for a new Apprentice or someone who has already started their Apprenticeship and looking to recommence. You will work a minimum of 38 hours per week on a 7 day roster.
Duties may include
- Participate in safe food handling practises
- Maintain the quality of perishable dishes
- Communicate in the workplace
- Prepare sauces, dips and accompaniments
- Identify hazards, assess and control safety risks
- Prepare food to meet special dietary requirements
- Genuine and keen interest in the hospitality and food industry with commitment to 4 year apprenticeship
- Physically fit and reliable
- Able to pass a drug & alcohol test
- Hold a current Driver's License and reliable transport
- Have had some basic food preparation and/or cooking experience (desirable)
- Have a high level of personal cleanliness and hygiene
- Good communication skills
- Able to work under pressure in fast paced team environment
Please send your resume including 2 checkable referees and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your interest and suitability to the position.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.