Location: Port Pirie - SA
Who is Statewide Group Training?
Statewide Group Training (SA) Incorporated is an independent, community-based not for profit organisation that has been servicing the employment and training needs of South Australian apprentices and trainees, business and industry for over 30 years.
Certificate III in Engineering - Fabrication Trade (MEM30305)
Statewide Group Training are seeking an Engineering Fabrication Apprentice living in Port Pirie region to join our team.
The position is a full time apprenticeship, working a minimum of 38 hours per week and reasonable overtime or shifts may be required. You will be paid as per the relevant award unless otherwise advised. Long term opportunities for the right candidate.
Duties may include
- Perform engineering measurements
- Perform routine welding using multiple techniques
- Carry out mechanical cutting
- Apply fabrication, forming and shaping techniques
- Repair, replace, modify fabrications
- Interpret technical drawings
- Use of power tools and hand tools
- Genuine and keen interest to learn trade with commitment to 4 year apprenticeship
- Physically fit and reliable
- Able to pass a drug & alcohol test
- Hold a current Driver's License and reliable transport
- Certificate 2 in Engineering Pathways (desirable)
- Work experience or previous employment within the engineering area (an advantage)
- Willing to travel for short term work when required with accommodation & transport provided
Please send your resume including 2 checkable referees and cover letter to email@example.com outlining your interest and suitability to the position.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.