Locations: SA metropolitan and remote country locational
Who is Statewide Group Training?
Statewide Group Training (SA) Incorporated is an independent, community-based not for profit organisation that has been servicing the employment and training needs of South Australian apprentices and trainees, business and industry for over 30 years.
Certificate 3 in Civil Construction Plant Operations (RII30815)
Statewide Group Training are seeking two apprentices to join our team.
One position is mostly local metropolitan work the other is mostly remote locational work.
Both positions are a full-time Apprenticeships, working a minimum of 38 hours per week and will be paid as per the relevant award unless otherwise advised. The remote locational position has relevant living away allowances and overtime attached.
Duties may include -
- Carry out measurements and calculations.
- Conduct backhoe, loaders, and construction excavator operations.
- Read and interpret plans and job specifications and communicate with team.
- Carry out manual excavations and operate small plant equipment.
- Identify and locate underground services.
- Safely dispose of nontoxic materials
- Conduct roller operations and spread and compact materials manually.
- General physical labour
About you -
- Have a genuine passion for Civil Construction.
- Be committed to undertaking a 36-month apprenticeship.
- Possess a driver's licence.
- Must be willing to undertake drug and alcohol testing.
- Be willing to work a reasonable amount of overtime.
- Be physically fit.
- Obtain a white card.
- Roller and or skid steer ticket an advantage
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your interest and suitability to the position.
Applications close 22 April 2021
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.