Location: Victor Harbor - SA
Who is Statewide Group Training
Statewide Group Training (SA) Incorporated is an independent, community-based not for profit organisation that has been servicing the employment and training needs of South Australian apprentices and trainees, business and industry for over 30 years.
Certificate 3 in Civil Construction Plant Operations (RII30815)
Statewide Group Training are seeking a trainee to join our team working throughout with the City of Victor Harbor Council.
The position is a full-time traineeship, working a minimum of 38 hours per week and will be paid as per the relevant award unless otherwise advised.
Duties may include -
- Carry out measurements and calculations
- Conduct backhoe, loaders, and construction excavator operations
- Read and interpret plans and job specifications, and communicate with team
- Carry out manual excavations and operate small plant equipment
- Identify and locate underground services
- Safely dispose of nontoxic materials
- Conduct roller operations and spread and compact materials manually
- General physical labour
About you -
- Have a genuine passion for Civil Construction
- Be committed to undertaking a 36-month traineeship
- Possess a driver's licence
- Must be willing to undertake drug and alcohol testing
- Be willing to work a reasonable amount of overtime
- Be physically fit
- Be willing to obtain a traffic management course before or during at your own expense
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your interest and suitability to the position.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.