Location: Yorke Peninsula, SA
Who is Statewide Group Training
Statewide Group Training (SA) Incorporated is an independent, community-based not for profit organisation that has been servicing the employment and training needs of South Australian apprentices and trainees, business and industry for over 30 years.
To find out more, please refer www.statewidegrouptraining.com.au
Statewide Group Training are seeking a first year plastering apprentice living in Kadina, Wallaroo, Moonta region to join our team working throughout the Yorke Peninsula, Mid North & Southern Flinders.
The position is a full time apprenticeship, working a minimum of 38 hours per week and will be paid as per the relevant award unless otherwise advised. School leavers are encouraged to apply.
Qualification: Certificate III in Solid Plastering (CPC31011)
- Fixes pre-cast cornices, panel mouldings, ceiling centres and other plaster fittings
- Covers joins and nail holes with wet plaster and sealing compounds; and smooths them using wet brushes and sandpaper
- Mixes and applies coats of plaster, cement and render to structures using trowels, and levels and smooths coats to uniform thickness
- Plumbs and straightens corners, angles and wall and ceiling surfaces.
- Creates decorative textures in finishing coats
- Using a range of hand and power tools
- Installing ceiling and wall linings
It is essential you
- Have a genuine passion for building industry
- Be committed to undertaking a 48 month apprenticeship
- Possess a drivers licence (minimum P1s)
- Be willing and able to work at heights (Working Safely At Heights training desirable)
- Have a White Card
- Are willing to travel (accommodation and transport provided)
- Be physically fit
- Able to pass a drug & alcohol test and hearing screening.
Completion of a relevant VET course or similar experience would be highly regarded.
Please send your resume including 2 current referees and cover letter to email@example.com outlining your interest and suitability to the position.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
30th October 2020