Location: Strathalbyn - SA
Who is Statewide Group Training
Statewide Group Training (SA) Incorporated is an independent, community-based not for profit organisation that has been servicing the employment and training needs of South Australian apprentices and trainees, business and industry for over 30 years.
Statewide Group Training are seeking an apprentice diesel mechanic to join our team working in the Strathalbyn area.
The position is a full time apprenticeship, working a minimum of 38 hours per week and will be paid as per the relevant award unless otherwise advised. School leavers and out of trade apprentices are encouraged to apply.
Typical Responsibilities of a Diesel Mechanic Apprentice
- Follow a checklist of inspection procedures, inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, transmissions, engines, and other parts of vehicles
- Do routine maintenance, such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and parts.
Key Benefits to a Diesel Mechanic Apprentice
- Long term opportunities for the right candidate
- Working towards Certificate 3 (Trade Certificate)
Key Requirements of a Diesel Mechanic Apprentice
- Commitment to approx. 4 Year Apprenticeship
- You must be physically fit, reliable and able to pass a drug test.
- Must hold a current driver's Licence
- Must have a passion for the Automotive Industry
Please send your resume including 2 current referees and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your interest and suitability to the position.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.Applications close
30th October 2020